Thursday, May 18, 2006

DaVinci Code Conclusions

Everyone is asking me if I'm going to read the DaVinci Code (like it's going to give me leprosy or something). I read it over a year ago. Here are my conclusions:

  1. Dan Brown is a gifted writer who can spin a yarn that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
  2. Dan Brown is a flake.
  3. The DaVinci Code is both silly and preposterous.
  4. Christians have taken the whole thing way too seriously and, in so doing, have put a lot of money in the pockets of the publishers (all of the publishers - the "Code," it's spin-offs, and the Christian Publishers refuting it) and the movie studios.
  5. A year from now, people will be wondering what all the buzz was about.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger AnonymousCog said...

I think its great how so many Christians are going out of their way to promote this movie by the stock, "The sky is falling, someone wrote an anti-Christian movie! What's next-a Democrat in the White House?", type of panic that serves the movie industry so well. There's some type of publicity that's so great you just can't even buy it if you tried...

AC

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Voice in the Wilderness said...

I know...we never learn. Anyone remember "The Last Temptation of Christ"? That was going to be the dath of our culture, too. The only thing the "Christian outcry" did was motivate several million people to buy tickets to a really sorry excuse of filmmaking. Had we kept our mouths shut, the thing would have gone to video in a week and been hopelessly lost in the annals of Roger Ebert's Movie Guide next to Grease 2.

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Chris Cree said...

I don't get what the panic is about either. If a novel/movie was enough to invalidate my world view, then I would have built my life on a pretty stinking shakey foundation!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Voice in the Wilderness said...

You're right Chris. What are we afraid of? Preach it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home