Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Top 10 Unpardonable Sins in the Evangelical Church

In Church last Sunday our pastor reminded us that suicide is not an unpadonable sin. I got to thinking about that. I know that scripture says that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin. But sometimes, let's face it, what the Bible says and what our church practices are two different things. So, from the home office in En Gedi, here is our Top Ten Unpardonable Sins in the Evangelcal Church:

10. Being a Democrat
9. Being a Homosexual
8. Being a Catholic
7. Being Divorced
5. Being Post-millenial
4. Being Amillenial
3. Getting caught: in adultery, with drugs, in financial impropriety
2. Looking wierd (includes tattoos, piercings, colored hair, non-acceptable dress)
1. Being seen, socially connected to, or married to any of the above

Technorati Tags:
, , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger shawne said...

number 3 is my favorite. my dad always told me "its not illegal if you don't get caught."

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Voice in the Wilderness said...

Of course, I didn't say those things weren't wrong...I just said that the church treats them as unforgivable. While I identify with your pops spirit, the omnipresence of God always ruins that adage for me :) Thanks for the comment!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger shawne said...

pop was teasing

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Voice in the Wilderness said...

Ohhhhhh...sorry. I'm not used to Christians with a sense of humor! [wiping brow] Whew!

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey where is number 6. LOL i love this. too funny...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home